Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Handmade Salt Glitter

Art supplies can sometimes be costly, so I am a firm believer in finding a cheaper version of anything possible! Busy teachers don't always have the time to do so, and that's what my Etsy Shop concept was formed on. I'm about to share the "secret" behind one of those products-Art Crystals!
~Supplies~
1/4 Cup of Table Salt
Food Coloring
Microwave Safe Bowl

~Directions~
Put one quarter cup of table salt into a microwave safe bowl. Add a few drops of food coloring, to desired color, and stir well. Make sure all the salt is covered. Use the spoon to smash and mix, because you will get clumps! Place the bowl in the microwave for one minute. This dries the "glitter". Now, you're ready to create!

My favorite part about this glitter product is that it is non-toxic and safe even for toddlers!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway here! There aren't many entires, and it expires on Friday!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment