Friday, March 11, 2011

Budget Beautiful-A Dream Bathroom...

We've made a lot of progress on our little house, since moving in almost two years ago...


The outside looks a lot different, from even this photo.


The roof is brown and the porch is a tan shade, but I'm getting ahead of myself! That's a whole different post! See what home decor does to me?!

Anyway...The paint is barely dry in my new studio...


and I already want to tackle the bathroom...


You can't tell from the picture, but there is an original clawfoot tub (insert angels singing), and that's about ALL it has going for it! There is NO storage. The wallpaper is cheap and FAKE grasscloth. The sink is cracked and has no counter space, and I just want to fix it-all of it-A.S.A.P.!

The only thing we've done is add the shower surround. When we moved in, in 2009 mind you, the owners were taking baths! Every. Single. Day. Yeah, that lasted about six days, before we decided it had to be changed! We priced fancy shower surrounds, at a few stores, but since we were planning a wedding, the $800-$2,000 estimates really weren't in the budget. Ryan ended up going to a hardware store, buying and bending pipe and screwing it into the ceiling with some plumbing ring things (If you want to know exactly what he used, I can ask him.). If I remember right, it was like a $30 investment that works and looks just fine!

So...what do I plan on doing to this shabby little space?!

Have you ever had the pleasure of watching Sarah's House on HGTV? If you have, you may have seen this...

You can view pictures of the entire space here. Of course, my tub will be painted yellow, and I'll do a little vintage inspired cafe curtain (my version of what I think will work best on my window and let in more light), and I'll get a white vaniety. We'll be keeping the floors, and...I can't let any more out. You'll just have to wait and see!

Enjoy your day!

2 comments: