Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Way Past Pink...

Lately, I have been attracted to yellow and gray color combinations! I want a yellow and gray kitchen, bathroom, and...NURSERY! More specifically, a little girl's nursery. I'm over pink. It's time for punch! However, another baby is really no where in my immediate plans, so I'll just get my decor fix by blogging. Sit back, prop your feet up, grab the pickle jar and enjoy a little eye candy...



 
This crib set packs more than enough motivation to move forward! I am head over heels in love with this crib set! Really. In. Love.

Now, that we have the perfect inspiration Amy Butler fabric, it's time to choose the paint...

I don't think you can miss the mark with either pale gray or yellow. Then, pair the bedding with a white crib, repurposed antique furniture and art pieces like these Etsy finds...







Hang an eye catching, lacquered, antique inspired mirror above the dresser, or one like this...






Then,  place a vase of these on top of the dresser. They're low maintenance and perfect for life with a new baby!





This would also be adorable hung inside a bookshelf or near a little nook...






You'll also want a rug. Here are a few Anthropologie options that could work!












Every nursery needs a soft chair for feedings and long story sessions. With yellow walls, I'd do a white or gray one. With gray walls, I'd do a yellow or white one!

I'm also a firm believer that a nursery should have personalized touches and  grow with a baby! A way to get the most age out of a space-especially a girl's space-is to add "soft" and "hard" accessories. Investing in an over sized, industrial inspired wall letter can really add a statement too. Plus, it's sure to be a piece that will always have a place in your home...


There will be plenty of future days full of doll rocking, painting and pretend play, so you may want to add a piece or two ready and waiting! Start your child's library early and place a small chair near it!






Later, you can add a pretty full length mirror and hooks with dress-up clothes or a play kitchen and a table and chair set. Plan a head, leave some open space and choose a few pieces that are most important to you. Every child doesn't need a play room. Get the most use out of your space and create a room that your child won't ever want to leave! Also, remember a room always evolves. Don't cover every square inch of a room, before your water breaks. You'll want to have space for fantastic finds later on!


Enjoy your day!





2 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea and a lovely nursery color palette! This is one of my favorite color combos as well -- and so styling for a lil girl!

    I've been loving those Amy Butler fabrics for a few months now and the doily wall clock is very cool as well!

    Thanks so much for including my paper flowers -- I'd never ever thought of using them in a nursery. What a great idea for a busy mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO glad you enjoyed it, Kirsten! If I ever get blessed with a baby girl, I'll be getting those flowers!

    ReplyDelete