Friday, April 8, 2011

An Elephant of a Time...

I was recently given the honor of planning a baby shower for a dear friend of mine. Baby boy Lim doesn't have a name yet, but he is so loved and anticipated. Inspired by a baby blue and red color palette, I began the planning process. Starting with the paper products, here's what I have so far...




Jaimee of Bushel + Peck Paper has grown to be one of my favorite people. We've never actually met, but if we ever do, I'm sure we'll be chatting for hours! I've turned to her for all of my paper needs lately, and she always does a beautiful job! I explain my vision, and she gets to work. I think we make a good team! You can find her on Facebook here. Check out her Etsy Shop too! She even manages to maintain a blog!


When I found this adorable printable by One Sweet Party, I knew I had to have it! The colors are a perfect match, and at only $8, I couldn't pass it up! Now, I just need to find a frame.






There won't be any game playing, but I do have an activity planned for the momma to take home. These elephant stickers {$3.99/36 stickers} by California Craft will be randomly placed on the bottom of 8 plates. The lucky winners will be taking the centerpieces home!





These vases by Crate&Barrel are on clearance for $1.50 each. I'll be placing two on each table and adding a red flower.







Sitting on baby blue tablecloths, these red candy cups {$5.00/25 cups} by HeyYoYo, will be filled with snacks and placed around the centerpieces.

As usual, the plan is to stick to a tight budget and get magnificent results! I plan on making my own red and blue tissue paper poms to hang from the ceiling, children will have sidewalk chalk and bubbles to play with outside the park pavilion and food will be kept simple. We're even making our own cupcakes!

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it will be fabulous! Can't wait to see pictures. So happy we could be a part of Rosa's big party!

    ReplyDelete